I want to eat this everyday.
Pretty simple, very delicious. Robbie was impressed. The recipe is from Vegan Street Recipes. I will make it again and again. I served it with these fantastic dumplings you can get in the produce section of Publix now. They’re these Nasoya organic tofu vegetable dumplings. I love them!
Yield: tofu for 2
12 oz extra firm tofu, pressed
1 tbsp minced garlic
2 tbsp soy sauce
Juice of 1 small lemon
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 ½ tsp grated fresh ginger
¼ cup water
- Press the tofu.
- Make the marinade by combining the minced garlic, soy sauce, lemon juice, brown sugar, grated ginger, and water in a Tupperware or glass pan.
- Cut the pressed tofu into thin triangles and arrange it in the marinade. Store that in the fridge, covered, for at least two hours.
- Heat a grill pan and add in a bit of sesame oil.
- Layer the tofu in the pan. Cook until the bottom side is browned the flip and repeat.
- While the tofu is cooking, slice up the green onion.
- Once both sides are browned, pour in the rest of the marinade and cook for about a minute. Flip and cook the other side.
- Serve the tofu and top the triangles with sliced green onion.