The jar of pesto in my pantry was in danger of expiring, therefore, bruschetta. Eating bruschetta is much more enjoyable than throwing pesto away. I made a good life choice.
loaf of fresh French bread
jar of basil pesto (I would guess I used about 3 tablespoons – the jar is still quite full.)
1 cup of cherry tomatoes
reduced fat feta cheese (I used almost the entire container.)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray a cookie sheet with olive oil.
2. Slice the French bread into small discs. Arrange the bread slices on the cookie sheet and spritz them with olive oil.
3. Bake the bread slices until slightly toasty. You have to keep a close eye on them – they want to burn.
4. Quarter the cherry tomatoes. Combine the tomatoes and feta in a bowl.
5. Spread pesto on the toasted bread slices. Top with the tomato feta mixture. Drizzle balsamic vinegar over the bruschetta, if you’re into that. Enjoy!