Mmmmm, mmmmm! This one is a winner! Robbie and I both loved these chicken-style seitan, onion, and green bell pepper fajitas. Not only is this delicious, it was easy to make and easy to clean up. The lime juice/soy sauce/spice mixture is what takes to the ridiculously good level.
All mixed up in the pan.
olive oil (spray)
1 package of West Soy chicken-style seitan
1 yellow onion, sliced into strips
1 bell pepper (your favorite color), sliced into strips
juice of 1 lime
1 teaspoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
low carb tortillas
1 avocado, sliced
other toppings of your choice like low-fat shredded Mexican cheese, salsa, chopped cilantro
Assembling a fajita with avocado slices, salsa, and (optional) cheese toppings.
1. Mix the listed ingredients from juice of 1 lime to garlic powder together in a bowl. Set aside.
2. Cut the onion and bell pepper into thin strips – fajita style.
3. Cut any large chunks of seitan into smaller pieces.
4. Saute the onion and bell pepper in a pan sprayed with olive oil until there are some nice brown areas. Set aside.
5. Spray the same pan again with olive oil. Saute the seitan until it is slightly browned on all sides.
6. Add the onion and bell pepper strips back into the pan with the seitan. Stir. Pour the lime juice mixture over everything and stir.
7. Place the tortillas between damp paper towels and microwave for about thirty seconds.
8. Slice the avocado and get the rest of your toppings ready to go.
9. Assemble your fajitas using the toppings of your choice.