To go with our baked tofu on Tuesday night, I made another great side from More Peas, Thank You by Sarah Matheny. This cracklin’ cauliflower has a very Indian flavor to it with the curry powder and garam masala. Robbie and I both loved it. We ate it all. This will definitely be a regularly occurring side dish in our house.
Adapted from More Peas, Thank You by Sarah Matheny
1 medium sized head cauliflower
2 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/4 tsp onion powder
1 to 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp minced fresh ginger
1/2 c frozen peas
salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Wash the cauliflower and chop it into florets of a similar size. Place the florets in a biggish bowl.
3. Drizzle the cauliflower florets with some olive oil. I didn’t actually measure this but you don’t need much to get the job done.
4. Sprinkle the salt, curry powder, garam masala, and onion powder over the cauliflower and stir it around to coat evenly.
5. Add the minced garlic and ginger and frozen peas to the bowl. Stir again.
6. Spray a pan with olive oil. I used a 9 x 9 glass pan I call “the brownie pan” and it was the perfect size. Transfer the entire contents of the biggish bowl to the pan and bake for thirty minutes. Stir every ten minutes to make sure everything is getting proper oven attention and not sticking.
7. Serve it up, add salt and pepper to your liking, and eat it all!