I’ve tried several vegan mashed potatoes recipes and they are always good because potatoes are inherently wonderful but they’re never great. Until now! I made this twice, including once for Thanksgiving, and they were fantastic both times. I especially like that I can make them completely in the Instant Pot thus freeing up much needed stovetop real estate. I mostly followed this recipe from The Veggie Queen. I successfully doubled this for Thanksgiving.
4 Yukon Gold potatoes
6 cloves of garlic
1 cup vegetable stock
Unsweetened plain soy milk, about half a cup
Vegan margarine, about 4 tablespoons
Salt and pepper
- Wash and peel the potatoes. Chop them into smallish chunks.
- Crush the garlic cloves individually under a knife so that you can peel them.
- Place the potatoes, crushed garlic, and vegetable stock in the Instant Pot.
- Lock the lid and set it to Manual pressure cooking for 4 minutes. Do the quick release method then open when the thingie falls down.
- Use a potato masher to mash everything up right there in the Instant Pot (turn it off first though!).
- Stir in the soy milk, margarine, salt, pepper, and parsley.
- Eat the creamy, starchy goodness right away!